Saturday, January 14, 2012

Will an auto parts store remove the part from my car for me?

I need to have my alternator checked but I am still not experienced enough with cars to pull it out of the car myself. If I take it to an auto parts store, in this situation O'riely's because I have a lifetime warranty on the alternator, will they take it out of my car for me and check it or will I have to find a way to do it myself? Its a 1991 Toyota MR2.Will an auto parts store remove the part from my car for me?
The parts store does not do any installation or removal work. Most of them are not even qualified to do mechanics work.

If you want to know a quick alternator test that can be done in less than 5 minutes and does not require removal of alternator. First loosen the POSITIVE battery cable clamp. Second, start car then pull off the positive cable from battery while engine is running. If the engine dies, the alternator is bad. If the egine keeps running the alternator is good.



Don't try this on 1996 or newer cars. The On Board computer can get screwed up.
No if you actually want it to be serviced you will need to go to a mechanic or dealership. Auto parts stores only sell parts, however there may be some businesses that are service shops and parts stores combined.Will an auto parts store remove the part from my car for me?
The short answer is no. they won't. But, if you take it to any Pep boys shop, they can diagnose the whole charging system for 15 bucks, which is not 2 bad if ask me.
Some auto parts store can check it right in the car... Advance auto part can...Will an auto parts store remove the part from my car for me?
Not many people work for free.
they won't do it for you

No comments:

Post a Comment