Thursday, January 19, 2012

When purchasing an EGR valve, does it matter if I purchase an OEM part or any brand from an auto parts store?

There is a price difference of about $30, and I don't see how an original man. product would be that much better. Obviously, most parts have a better fit, being OEM, but I just wasn't sure if this actually makes a difference for a part like the EGR.When purchasing an EGR valve, does it matter if I purchase an OEM part or any brand from an auto parts store?
Actually it does make a difference. Usually when you buy OEM they last longer, and they are less defective. For example;



I bought a TPS from Auto Zone for $31.99. I put in on my car and it still didn't fix my rough idle.



I bought my OEM one off saturnparts.com and it make my rough idle a lot better. It was around $42



OEM is usually the way to go, I'd check online and search for forums for your car. If you have a Saturn I'd visit



http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/



Price difference may be greater but the quality makes up for it. Go OEM, if you want your car to run better and for the part to last. Good luck.When purchasing an EGR valve, does it matter if I purchase an OEM part or any brand from an auto parts store?
Aftermarket will be fine.When purchasing an EGR valve, does it matter if I purchase an OEM part or any brand from an auto parts store?
You are fine with the OEM part. I replaced the EGR valve in my 4runner and there was a $75 difference between the Toyota price and the one that I was able to get @ Auto Zone, and it worked very well. The EGR ( Engine-Gas Recirculation) valve that you bought should work just fine, and if it doesnt, make sure you save the receipt just in case.
Do you enjoy working on your car? Then use the cheap aftermarket one.

Do you want to do this only once? Use the OEM one.

No comments:

Post a Comment