Saturday, January 14, 2012

What can i substitute for a vacuum line to get my car to the auto parts store?

1987 Fiero automatic, that is now shifting into gears becaue the vacuum line entering the tranny is cracked, its actually just the RUBBER part. I need to get it to the auto parts store to get the part and i need to drive it there so they can put it on. can i use electical tape to close the gap til i get there? thanks in advcance!!What can i substitute for a vacuum line to get my car to the auto parts store?
You can use electrical tape, BUT make sure the rubber hose is absolutely clean before you do it.

I recommend wiping it clean with anything that will cut grease and dirt, that evaporates quickly, ie, brake cleaner, isopropyl alcohol.

If you are going to be under there, can you remove the line yourself and get a replacement , and reinstall it your self?

Save you a lot of $.

Good luck broWhat can i substitute for a vacuum line to get my car to the auto parts store?
Sure. Tape her up.What can i substitute for a vacuum line to get my car to the auto parts store?
fish tank tubing

No comments:

Post a Comment