Monday, January 23, 2012

I was banned from an auto parts store for stealing 2 years ago. How could I unban myself from that store?

2 years ago I stole something from an auto parts store. There was an undercover cop there who caught me. He walked me back inside the store and worked something out with the manager. I would pay for the merchandise (substantial increase) and they made a copy of my Drivers Liscense and I signed a statements saying If I were to return I would be arrested. Is there a way I could clear my name so that I could re-enter this store? This happened more then 2 years ago.I was banned from an auto parts store for stealing 2 years ago. How could I unban myself from that store?
Perhaps the only ways:



- Speak with or write the owners and see if they'll allow it, but you'd better have proof of turning your life around.



- Work out a deal where you call in orders and they'll take payment when you pick them up (while waiting outside).



Whatever they say, live with it. If it was me, I'd say no, I wouldn't want the business badly enough to risk getting ripped off again.
If I were the store owner, I have to say, I would probably never unban you.

Why not go and buy your auto parts at another store?I was banned from an auto parts store for stealing 2 years ago. How could I unban myself from that store?
I don't think so. This was a private deal the manager made with you.

You might go in and speak to the owners but they can do as they please.

Just be glad you didn't end up in jail!
talk to the store owner, thats the only wayI was banned from an auto parts store for stealing 2 years ago. How could I unban myself from that store?
Call the store manager. The document you signed is a civil document and generally not enforceable in criminal court. (the statue of limitations for petty theft has run out after 2 years).



Did the officer make you pay a substantial increase? (or did he participate in the event?) -- wow, if so, he was treading on thin ice. Generally Police Officers are not allowed to become involved in civil matters. Doing so could equal civil action against the officer. (seen it happen before). About the most he could have done is make the arrest



Getting back to your question. Call the store owner. Explain the situation. I doubt they remember you. Tell them you are sorry and wish to be a customer again.
Find another store you kleptomaniac, just don't visit mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment