Saturday, January 14, 2012

Is it illegal for me to demand that my auto repair space customers purchase parts from my store only?

I rent spaces for the public to repair their own cars. Is it legal for me to demand in contract that my rental customers purchase ALL tools and ALL supplies and ALL parts from MY auto parts store (I own the store) only. space rental customers who purchase tools,parts, supplies elsewhere then use them on their cars, will be fined a percentage of the profit I have lost. Am I violating anti-trust laws?Is it illegal for me to demand that my auto repair space customers purchase parts from my store only?
Parts no but the tools may be a problem if you do not allow people to bring their own tools.Is it illegal for me to demand that my auto repair space customers purchase parts from my store only?
You are fine as long as that it is made clear in the rental agreement or via some sort of notification at the time of space rental.



If you do not have a rental agreement that states this and liability information you had better get one. You leave yourself wide open to all kinds of problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment